Name of Program:
Grant for Interdisciplinary Collaborative Research in Humanities and Social Sciences 2017
(1) Research must be carried out by an interdisciplinary research group.
* Individual research and research conducted by one organization or institution will not be accepted.
(2) Regardless of nationality and affiliation, group representative must have adequate Japanese skills for application and participation in academic discussions.
(3) Research should be of great importance to society and the academe.
(4) Plan and budget of research should be concrete and highly feasible. Completed research will not be accepted.
(5) Application for the foundation’s other research grant “Grant for Collaborative Research on Community Cultural Activities” at the same time will not be accepted.
The Suntory Foundation was established in 1979 to address the demand of the new era for a propulsive research activity and deliver the fruits of research to the world. This grant is aimed at promoting group-based research projects of high international/interdisciplinary significance in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
How to apply:
Get grant application form through either of the following.
Download application form from the website of Suntory Foundation below.
Send a reply envelope with your name and address on it to the address below. Then, we will send you an application form.
Grant amount and terms:
(1) Grant amount
JPY 500,000 – JPY 3,000,000 per grant
*Amount of each grant will be based on the research content.
(2) Terms of grant
One year from August 1, 2017 to July 31, 2018
Monday, April 10, 2017 (postmarked)
Address and Contact Number:
Research Grant Section
9th Floor, Suntory Annex, 2-1-5 Doujima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-8204, Japan