About grants for students from Southeast Asian countries
1. Grant eligibility
(1) The applicant must be an international student who is studying for a master’s degree in tax jurisprudence or accountancy at a graduate school in Japan. The student must also be committed to acquiring a licensed tax accountant qualification, and have a letter of recommendation from their graduate school. Students will not be entitled to this grant if they are due to receive, or are likely to receive a similar grant from an institution other than the school at which they are currently enrolled.
(2) The grant is paid over a period of 2 years, after which time students must pay their own expenses. To be specific, students who seek to achieve their licensed tax accountant qualification in Japan by pursuing a 2 year master’s degree tax law course after completing their accounting diploma at graduate school, or vice versa, are eligible to receive the grant for the final two year period of their studies. For students intending to achieve certified public accountant and licensed tax accountant qualifications in Japan within 2 years at graduate school, the grant is available for this two year period.
(3) This grant is only available to Southeast Asian students.
(4) Upon completing their course of study, students will be required to submit their research reports within one month. All submitted reports will be uploaded to the homepage of the Sozeishiryokan. If students publish their results, the Sozeishiryokan will request the publisher to allow us to display the research results on the homepage.
2. Amount of grant・Grant period
Recipients are entitled to up to 2,000,000 yen per year, available in four quarterly installments of 500,000 yen each for 2 consecutive years.
3. Application requirements
(1) Those who wish to have the grant should first receive a letter of recommendation from their graduate school, then pursue their application to the Sozeishiryokan through the office of their school.
(2) Applicants must submit their photo, and a copy of their residence card or alien registration card.
(3) If for any reason your application to the graduate school of your choice is unsuccessful, and you cannot begin your course of study as planned, please submit a letter to the Sozeishiryokan informing us of the matter. In such cases students must return any money that they have received.
(4) If for any reason you are unable to continue with the course of study that you have already started, please submit a letter to the Sozeishiryokan informing us of the matter. In such cases students must return any remaining money that they have received.
(5) Upon successfully completing their course of study, students should present the appropriate documentary proof of graduation to the Sozeishiryokan to receive exemption from grant repayment.
(6) We regret that we are unable to return any of your documentation.
4. Application period
At any time
※Students wishing to apply should first contact the Sozeishiryokan by email through the office of their graduate school.
5. For full details, please contact us at this address
Sozeishiryoukan Building 2nd Floor
3-45-13 Minamidai, Nakano-ku, Tokyo, 164-0014
Website (Japanese): www.sozeishiryokan.or.jp/international/index.html